VMware Purchasing Programs
VMware Purchasing Programs are designed to fit the purchasing needs of different customers. The Volume Purchasing Program (VPP) rewards you for making more frequent, smaller, transactional buys. The Enterprise Purchasing Program (EPP) provides incentives for larger, strategically planned purchases. The Subscription Purchasing Program (SPP) allows customers a way to acquire VMware subscription services. VMware Purchasing Programs provide a flexible and cost effective way to purchase VMware products. The VMware Cloud Credits Purchasing Program (CCPP) enables greater visibility and cost control of your public/hybrid cloud deployments.
VMware Subscription Purchasing Program (SPP)
VMware's Subscription Purchasing Program (SPP) offers a flexible way to acquire VMware Subscription Services in the form of Subscription Credits (SPP Credits). Credits are denominated in VMware transacting currencies and deposited as a Fund Balance within the My Funds dashboard page in My VMware. Using this self-service dashboard, you can redeem your SPP Fund Balance for any VMware Subscription Services or Add-ons listed in the SPP Eligibility Matrix. Your SPP Fund Balance can also be used to pay for Subscription Service renewals or recurring costs for your services.
You have the option of purchasing your SPP Credits through a prepaid plan (SPP Prepaid) or monthly commitment plan (SPP Monthly). Select the SPP Monthly option if you refer the predictability of a routine monthly charge and can commit to spending or consuming a set amount from your SPP Fund Balance each month for at least one year. Select the SPP Prepaid option to purchase SPP Credits on an as-needed basis or as your budget allows. SPP Prepaid Credits can be purchased at the discount levels shown below.
- Mix-and-match configurations: Select a unique configuration for each Subscription Service, including term (1 month to 3 years) and Billing Method (monthly, annually, or prepaid).
- Streamlined funding: Use fund balances to sign up for new Subscription Services and to cover the recurring subscription and usage costs of your services - all without the hassle of procuring monthly purchase orders (POs).
- Future-proofed value: SPP Credits can be redeemed for any Subscription Service listed on the SPP Eligibility Matrix, including services released after your initial credit purchase.
- Self-service reporting: Track and manage your redemptions with self-service reports in My VMware.
- Roll-over unused balances: SPP Monthly commitment fund balances carry over from month to month - simply consume your remaining balance by the end of the commitment term.
- Valuable discounts: Purchase VMware SPP Credits at a discount (SPP Prepaid only) and receive volume discounts based on the actual quantity and duration of the services you consume (SPP Prepaid and SPP Monthly).
- Self-service dashboard: Submit on-demand provisioning requests for Subscription Services through My VMware.
- Centralized or decentralized management: Allocate fund balances to different departments, projects, or Fund Users.
- Scale with ease: Increase your SPP Fund Balance at any time to meet the changing needs of your organization.
- Flexible spending: Redeem SPP Credits to pay for new Subscription Services, Add-ons for existing services, service renewals, or recurring usage and subscription costs.
- Price transparency: Easily track the MSRP costs of Subscription Services against your currency-denominated fund balance.
Follow the steps below to enroll in SPP:
|Click on "Enroll" at the top of this page to obtain VMware Purchasing Program (VPP) membership and enroll as an SPP Fund Owner. After a successful enrollment, you will receive an email with your VPP membership number. If your company holds an existing VPP membership, simply enroll as an SPP Fund Owner using your current membership number (you may need to be approved by the VPP Primary Membership Administrator before you can submit an SPP purchase order).|
|Contact a VMware Account Executive or authorized partner to purchase your SPP Credits. To access the full benefits of SPP, you must provide your VPP membership number, EA number, and your enrolled name and email address on the SPP purchase order.|
|After placing your initial order of SPP Credits, you can log into My VMware to view, manage, and redeem your SPP Fund Balance for VMware Subscription Services.|