VMware Purchasing Programs
VMware Purchasing Programs are designed to fit the purchasing needs of different customers. The Volume Purchasing Program (VPP) and Customer Purchasing Program rewards you for making more frequent, smaller, transactional buys. The Enterprise Purchasing Program (EPP) provides incentives for larger, strategically planned purchases. The Subscription Purchasing Program (SPP) allows customers a way to acquire VMware subscription services. VMware Purchasing Programs provide a flexible and cost effective way to purchase VMware products. The VMware Cloud Credits Purchasing Program (CCPP) enables greater visibility and cost control of your public/hybrid cloud deployments.
VMware Enterprise Purchasing Program (EPP)
VMware's Enterprise Purchasing Program (EPP) is designed for deals starting at $250K and above (or local equivalent). EPP provides VMware customers with a flexible purchasing vehicle to buy tokens that are redeemable on-line for a broad range of VMware product licenses during a three year period.
Within your My VMware account, you can view and manage purchased EPP tokens, redeem tokens for license and corresponding Support and Subscription (SnS), and download token redemption reports. When you redeem tokens for products, the license keys associated with the product are deposited in your My VMware account. Tokens SnS are redeemed when you obtain licenses for the applicable VMware product.
- Flexibility to mix and match VMware products, manage licenses and adjust your license deployment strategy based on changing business conditions.
- Price protection for the duration of the EPP term. The number of EPP tokens required to obtain a product license and associated SnS is established at the time of purchase and is fixed for the EPP term.
- Cost savings on SnS because tokens for Production SnS are debited only when you redeem licenses1. SnS is automatically co-termed to the EPP term.
- Self-serve, on-demand generation and delivery of license keys and support entitlements using the My VMware™ customer portal.
- Automatic tracking and reporting of tokens used.
- Centralized or decentralized management of tokens, allowing you to allocate tokens to different departments, projects and users.3
- Ability to add tokens to an active EPP fund at any time.
There are four(4) EPP levels available based on the quantity of EPP Tokens purchased. As illustrated in the example below, Level 7 (L7) represents the entry-level EPP discount, with Level 10 (L10) representing the highest EPP level. Each level also represents a higher discount than the previous level.
- On a 3-year EPP Term, if you redeem licenses with 2 years left on the EPP term, only 2 years' worth of SnS tokens will be debited
- Discounts are calculated off VMware's then current, local MSRP prices. VMware does not set final prices or payment terms for licenses or tokens acquired through resellers. Final prices and payment terms are determined by agreement between the customer and its reseller
- Please reference the section of the EPP Program Guide that talks about deployment restriction
- Due to U.S. federal procurement regulations, U.S. federal customers are not eligible for participation in EPP.