VMware Purchasing Programs
VMware Purchasing Programs are designed to fit the purchasing needs of different customers. The Volume Purchasing Program (VPP) and Customer Purchasing Program rewards you for making more frequent, smaller, transactional buys. The Enterprise Purchasing Program (EPP) provides incentives for larger, strategically planned purchases. The Subscription Purchasing Program (SPP) allows customers a way to acquire VMware subscription services. VMware Purchasing Programs provide a flexible and cost effective way to purchase VMware products. The VMware Cloud Credits Purchasing Program (CCPP) enables greater visibility and cost control of your public/hybrid cloud deployments.
VMware Volume Purchasing Program (VPP)
VMware's Volume Purchasing Program (VPP) provides rewards to customers1 who make an initial purchase of $25K or more (or local equivalent). Your organization can also extend VPP Membership benefits to authorized affiliates.2 Member and affiliate purchases contribute toward the overall discount level, offering maximum savings.
- Receive financial incentives when you purchase VMware products in volume with VPP discounts on eligible license products.
- Simplify your acquisition of VMware software through a standardized purchasing program.
- Discount levels are earned automatically based on purchase volumes.
- Easy-to-use online portal for tracking eligible discounts.
- Globally consistent program rules that allows discount sharing between customers and their affiliates.
Changes to VPP
With the launch of Customer Purchasing Program which replaces Volume Purchasing Program (VPP), below are the key changes to Volume Purchasing Program (VPP).
- VPP is available ONLY for the existing VPP customers .
- No new enrollments in Volume Purchasing Program (VPP) effective 6th May 2019.
- VPP Discount Levels are frozen as of 6th May 2019, the new Customer Purchasing Program will be the only option for all VPP L1 to L3 customers starting Feb 1, 2020 and for all VPP L4 customers starting Feb 1, 2021.3
- No Accumulation of Points from future orders.
- Roll-off of VPP Points to continue as is.
End customers may use their VPP membership number to purchase VMware products at a discounted price off VMware's then current local MSRP prices. However, discounts under VMware VPP are passed down to end customers only through VMware authorized channel partners. VMware does not set final prices, actual discounts, or payment terms for licenses acquired through such channel partners. Final prices and payment terms are determined by agreement between the customer and their channel partner.
- US Federal Customers are eligible to receive volume discounts using their current program.
- Please refer to VPP Program Guide for a complete definition of affiliates.
- Not applicable for ELA customers who got their discount grants through an ELA.