VMware Virtual Network Assessment
Why should I do an Assessment?
VMware Virtual Network Assessment (part of vRealize Network Insight) analyzes network traffic patterns within your data center. In 24 to 72 hours the assessment delivers:
- Insights into the amount of East-West traffic in your network, which represents security risk
- A preview of actionable NSX micro-segmentation recommendations for your network
- Opportunities to optimize network performance with NSX
As part of the 60-day free trial, once you’ve completed the assessment, you can toggle over to see the full dashboard and capabilities of vRealize Network Insight.
Why should I care about East-West traffic?
Traditional approaches to securing a data center are focused on building a strong perimeter to keep threats outside the network. However, little is done to once a threat is inside the network. East-West (server-to-server) traffic accounts for more than 80% of overall data center traffic, but it’s largely unprotected, leaving you at risk.
Want to see how much East-West Traffic is in your Environment?
Go to "License & Download" to get started. See "Troubleshooting & Support" for system requirements.
1-877-486-9273 Email Us
Use the following resources to learn more about VMware Virtual Network Assessment and prepare for your evaluation.
- vCenter 5.5 or above
- 5.5, update 2 (build 2068190) and above
- 6.0, update 1b (3380124) and above
- Note: vSphere 5.0/5.1 EOGS Aug 2016, upgrade to 6.0 (go to vSphere Upgrade Center for more details). Attempting to use IPFIX data export on earlier Hypervisor releases could cause Hypervisor PSOD’s.
- vDS with Netflow enabled
Contact Sales to purchase NSX & vRealize Network Insight.
Find a Reseller
Leverage the Vmware Partner Network to help you purchase the vRealize products that fit your needs.
Contact VMware Sales
Contact us today and speak to a sales expert to discuss your business needs.